Short and sweet from me today, sharing with you the few favourites I’ve been smearing all over my face this month. That’s a nice image isn’t it.
The first fave comes in the form of the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser, which I’ve spoken about before. This gives me just enough coverage and that fresh skin glow which I’m always banging on about. And it has SPF 30+ which pleases me greatly since finding out about premature aging and becoming convinced i’ll have wrinkles by 21. My shade is Light 2 Alaska.
Sticking with the base I’ve been low maintenance in terms of cheeks and most days been opting for just a sweep of peach on the apples. NARS X Christopher Kane Blush in Silent Nude is my weapon of choice, providing a subtle somethin’ somethin’, you know what I mean.
When I have wanted something more, I’ve been troweling on the Topshop Beauty Colour Chameleon Highlight in Mother of Pearl. This is the opposite end of the spectrum in that it’s not at all subtle, but I adore the combination of golden and pink tones together and sometimes I do want to resemble a disco ball. Highlight queens unite.
For eyes I’ve been pretty loyal to my MAC quad, which I completed just after Christmas with the additions of Amber Lights and Antiqued, both of which are often combined on my peepers. I also have All That Glitters and Patina in there, I wear Patina on just a swish of something days and All That Glitters works wonders with a bit of Antiqued on the outer V. I’ll pop up a more thorough post soon…
Finally the MAC Fairie Whispers collection floated my boat, and I could’ve easily carted the lot home had my bank balance allowed it. Instead I opted for the lipstick in Midsummer Night; a peachy nude not too dissimilar to my HG Shy Girl, and it’s been part of my pout ever since.
What have you been loving recently?
What a dream to come down on Christmas morning and see that Santa has packed your tree full of beauty baubles. I’d take that over hanging Dairy Milks any day.
This year the beauty industry has gone absolutely mad for beauty baubles, and they’re available from a variety of brands with a variety of products. Here’s my picks…
No7 have an array of hanging goodies, from lip crayons and nail polish to body wash; they’ve got all sites covered. I’m also a fan of the Ted Baker Shimmer and Shine Duo which combines a creamy lip and cheek stick and a colour coordinating nail polish and is available in two shades. The best thing about these? They’re 3 for 2 at Boots.
For something a little more luxe, Space NK have quite the collection of miniatures attached to a hanging loop. I’m lusting after the By Terry Baume de Rose gloss and the Aromatherapy Associates The Star. Also available are a Caudalie Beauty Elixir and and Eve Lom lip balm. These make perfect stocking fillers and are worth getting for last minute gifts for any beauty lover.
Do you love these?
1. I’m back home for Easter now so have enjoyed spending time with family and friends. My little God son is getting so grown up I love watching him learn new things and grow in confidence.
2. I’ve been enjoying lunch dates (as always) with my friends and of course savouring several mojitos. I’m a real lightweight these days – cheap date I suppose.
3. Next week sees the 21st birthday of my lovely boyfriend aka the boy who has everything so I’m currently very welcome to present suggestions. I can’t wait to surprise him and to enjoy sharing his celebrations.
4. I’m SO in to reading blogs at the moment, I used to be more of a YouTube girl but since writing my own I love nothing more than having a nosey at what everyone else is up to, picking up a few tips along the way.
5. I am, of course, the worst money saver ever and have been spending every spare penny and moment on beauty products. I went shopping with my mama yesterday and she treated me to a few beauty bits including the soap and glory brow pencil and ever coveted Maximillian Strasse Her from essie. I’ve already taken pictures for reviews…
What have you been up to? Anything you’re particularly excited for or have enjoyed?
Following a gripping buildup comes a lot of hype, and this product is no different. Launching as a global exclusive first look and trial in this months edition of UK Elle magazine, the Benefit Rollerlash mascara has had everyone and their mothers rifling through the shelves of local newsagents, with everyone trying to get their hands on a copy.
I managed to get one in Brighton, I’m down here visiting my boyfriends family and found it in a Sainsburys local store. I was more than excited to get back and try it.
The mascara comes in a black tube with a pink lid (the full size lid looks like a hair roller) and has a thin, plastic bristled wand with a curved shape. The product claims to hook, lift and curl, and upon first application I can say it definitely offers length and curl and gives lashes a fluttery effect, somewhere between the false and natural lash looks.
I do really like this mascara, as with every benefit mascara it’s difficult to remove, but every cloud has a silver lining and that only means that it is long lasting and holds the curl and length all day. I will definitely be looking into buying the full size.
Have you managed to get your hands on a copy?